Are your clients paying you on time?Turbo charge your payment receivables and get paid faster with the most efficient collection system in UAE.

How to check if there are any open police or court cases against a person in the UAE?

The UAE Government has different authorities to track or find the records of your cases. Criminal court and civil courts function separately. If there are monetary debts, the creditor may have registered a police case.Wire stork's onboard solutions can help you access the court and police case statuses in the UAE and across all jurisdictions.

So, what happens when a cheque returns in the UAE?

When the receiver of a cheque (which bounced) files a complaint in the police station against the issuer, the case is forwarded to the public prosecution and then to the criminal court. The criminal court may convict the issuer (based on evidence provided by the complainant) and give him two options - pay the money or go to jail.

However, in case of failure to get cheque amount despite imprisonment, the complainant should present his case to the civil court to claim the money along with documents and evidence to prove it. The civil court could then either demand the issuer to pay or face the jail term.

If a certain person was convicted for a bounced cheque case and has served jail term, he or she stands released after the period. However, if the original complainant files the case again in the civil court, he or she will have to pay the unpaid amount or go back to jail. In case there is no pending or second case once the jail term is completed, the person is free to leave the country after collecting his impounded passport. 

How does it work with companies?

In companies or partnership firms, not all partners or stakeholders can be held liable in the event of a cheque being issued without sufficient funds to pay it off. The criminal liability shall be borne by the individual who signed the cheque - whether it be a manager or another partner. Other people's private funds have no bearing on the value of the cheque. Its value shall be realized only through the assets of the company.

However, if the losses or lack of funds, which resulted in the cheque bouncing of the company, are proven to be a result of any kind of fraud by the owners or partners, the case may take a different direction.If it is proved that the company, which the complainant has dealt with, does not have enough funds to settle the cheque’s value, he or she can file a criminal case against the manager who signed the cheque, even if he or she has left the country. After a judgEment is issued, the questioner may request the concerned authority to include the manager’s name in Interpol’s wanted list.

Interested in an immigration check? Get Started now.


Related Posts

Dubai's public prosecution will no longer withhold passports
If the person needs bail, they will no longer require a friend or relative to keep their passport on their behalf. ...
Read More
Getting married in the UAE?Here’s what you need to know.
If you are planning on getting married in the UAE, be sure to firm up the paperwork first; lest you end up running ar...
Read More
The new law concerning overstay fines in the UAE
The UAE cabinet, chaired by His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of ...
Read More
What are your maternity rights in the UAE?
The UAE's Labour Law lays down special provisions relating to the working hours and conditions of women employees.  ...
Read More


  • I want to check the case

    Muhammad Ameen
  • good day…can I check what is my police case?of sharjah police..because the bank did not file me a case..i want to know who filed me a case.please.thanks.

    Pacifico ando
  • i want to check any police complaint against me in ras al khaimah

  • Rent a car file a case 5years ago it is possible the case is already lapse? If it’s lapse what the procedure


Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published